British Sports (Part 2)
- The Beginning of Golf: activity.
- Watch the following video from 77|207 to 116|207 and give the three factors that contributed to the growing popularity of golf:
- Go to the following site and complete the page entitled 'Golf Vocabulary' in your minibook.
- Origin of curling: link.
- Places where curling was played in its early days: link (see Paragraph 4).
- When and where the rules of curling were drawn up: link (see Paragraph 5).
- Watch the following video and answer these questions:
1) What is curling often compared to?
2) What does this sport require?
3) What is people's general opinion about curling?
4) Is curling a violent sport? (Focus on this passage: from 69|101 to the end)
- Curling Equipment: Watch the two following videos and write down the equipment you need to play curling.
- The first players of shinty: link (see Paragraph 2).
- Watch this video and describe the atmosphere among shinty players.
- Watch what a shinty match looks like:
The Highland Games:
- Visit the two following sites and write down the name of the different events in your minibook: link 1 - link 2.
- Watch the following video for pleasure!
(If one of the links is broken, use the following document.)